Sunday, August 9, 2009

We didn't start off well today. When Tanner got up a little while ago and went to the bathroom, I had him leave the bathroom door cracked open a little bit in case of emergency. When I didn't hear anything in a while, I looked over to the crack in the bathroom door and could see his legs across the bathroom floor. I called out and asked why he was on the floor and opened the door. He said he got light headed while he was brushing his teeth and just laid down on the floor.

He sat up and I got behind him and put my arms underneath his arm pits and pulled him to a standing position and he got back on his crutches and I got him back in bed and he's asleep again. I don't know if it's just the weakness from the chemotherapy already coming on but we will talk to the nurse at the infusion clinic about it this morning. She told me yesterday that he would steadily get weaker as the medicine starts working to the point he will become fatigued and won't want to do anything, or even eat or drink much ,and that I would have to stay after him to make sure that he stays hydrated and intakes some calories.

Yesterday, he was feeling pretty good, and even wanted to go to On the Border for lunch. Usually, when he won't eat anything else, he will eat mexican food so anytime he wants to go to On the Border, I will take him because I figure the day is quickly coming when I will have to struggle to get him to eat much of anything.

Aunt Tencey is supposed to be cooking us Sunday dinner today but I don't know if Tanner will be feeling up to it or not. I guess we will see how he feels when he gets back up and we get through at the Infusion Center.

I noticed last night that he is having a hard time getting up from the couch because it sits so low to the ground. If I get a chance, I think I will go over to Linens-N-Things and will get some of the things you can put under the legs of your bed to raise it up and put them under the couch legs so that he won't have so far to rise to come off the couch. Right now, I don't feel comfortable leaving him here alone until I see how he feels when he gets back up.

I will check back in later today and update how the rest of the day goes.

3 comments:

  1. GOD, grant me the serenity

    to accept the things
    I cannot change,
    Courage to change the

    things I can, and the
    wisdom to know the difference.
    Living ONE DAY AT A TIME;

    Enjoying one moment at a time;
    Accepting hardship as the
    pathway to peace.
    Taking, as He did, this

    sinful world as it is,
    not as I would have it.
    Trusting that He will make

    all things right if I
    surrender to His Will;
    That I may be reasonably happy

    in this life, and supremely
    happy with Him forever in
    the next. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust in His power and hold on. He will give you the strength to keep from falling (Isa. 40:31)
    Tannerboy I am glad you had the presence of mind to lie down and did not fall. I know it is so hard for you with that heavy cast to tote around and then the backpack with your meds. You don't have to do anything but get well - so don't push yourself. You have so many people who are out here praying for you and sending you their love. I think of you often and love you.
    Granny Jane and Pop Jerry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Tanner-----Sounds like your body needs nourishment for strength. I sent your Aunt Mary a box of Juice Plus+. Research tells us it is just food in capsules. You can break them open and add to that which you are eatting and get extra fruits and veggies the easy way. Hope it will help you. We think of you each moment. Love to you and Angie.--Aunt Judy

    ReplyDelete