Wednesday, December 16, 2009


We went over to Aunt Tincey's house this evening and had homemade chili and visited with them one last time before we head back to Fort Worth for our break.


One of the back tires of my car kept deflating so I went to the tire shop today and they told me it had already been patched twice and would be dangerous to drive home with it in that condition. I went ahead and had them put on a new tire. I'm glad I had it checked out before we headed home. I kept having visions of us on the side of the highway and me having to unpack the wheelchair and all the luggage to get to the spare!


I've been working on cleaning the apartment and getting things ready to pack and load. It's a lot of work - and I'm not through!!


We go tomorrow moring for labwork at 10:00 a.m., see Dr. Naier at 11:30, and then go and get Tanner's triple lumen lines removed in the afternoon. I've just come to the decision that I have too much work still to do to stress over trying to get everything cleaned, packed, and loaded after our appointments tomorrow. I think I've decided that I will get up early Friday morning, load the car, and we will head back first thing in the morning.


We went to MIRT this morning and talked to them about Tanner's cast and the fact that they were not able to perform the DWIB test last night because of the metal in the hinge. Martie (the nurse), went to the back and talked to Dr. Naier and he said we could just wait and have it done when we come back in January for the re-staging tests.


I will make the January appointment tomorrow while we are at the office and then I can call Dr. Nicholas' office and arrange for Tanner to go in and see him for x-rays and to get the hinged cast removed before the testing starts.


Martie told me that they have air casts that they could probably put on for a few days while the tests are done and then they can put another cast on him after the re-staging is complete.


I'm sure we'll get it all worked out. I'm just glad they didn't have to take the new cast off today!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad things are looking brighter! Wish y'all were closer so we could help. See y'all soon! Much love

    ReplyDelete