Wednesday, October 7, 2009


Well, our break is nearing an end and I think Tanner and I both are feeling some stress from the thought of heading back to Arkansas next Tuesday.


When Dr. Barlogie told us Tanner could come home for a month, it sounded like a long time - but the days have flown by.


Granny Jane had a "Tanner's Remission Celebration" dinner and we were able to see a lot of family and friends. Tanner had a great time and was so touched by all the people who were able to attend. He thinks his "Big Granny" (his 91 year old great grandmother) is one of the funniest people he has ever met! He loves it that she has a new joke to tell him every time he see's her.


He's gotten to see many aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces, nephews and friends while he's been home and he wants to thank everyone for taking the time to see him while he's been here - and to all of you who have been sick since we've been back and haven't been able to visit, we'll get together when we get back from Litte Rock!


We are so hoping that this trip back to Arkansas will be of short duration with all the tests still showing full remission -- and are hoping that Dr. Barlogie will be sending Tanner home on a maintenance program.


I know that Tanner is scared. He goes through all the motions and shows a happy face, but I know that he lives with fear on a daily basis. He put on his Facebook yesterday that he doesn't know what the future will bring and that he's afraid. I think he feels free to express his fears in writing on Facebook where he can't bring himself to talk out loud about it to his family. I know the fears I live with daily when I think about the fact that Tanner has cancer so I can only imagine what goes through his mind. Hopefully, this trip back to Arkansas will put to rest many of the fears he is enduring.


We will be heading back Tuesday October 13th so I will be sure to update daily once we return to Little Rock.


Thanks to you all for the overwhelming love and support Tanner has been receiving daily!

2 comments:

  1. I love you tannnerboy. I wish I could go with you to Arkansas
    keep your faith. I think you will be home soon.
    I think about you a lot and I pray for our family
    to have peace and love and good health. Trust
    God to have us where we need to be.
    I am always here for you. All our love
    granny and pop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Tanner,
    Don and I hope that you are feeling well today.Don and I know that you are having a rough time of it. We want to let you know that we have been reading your Blog everyday. I could not send any messages before on my old computer. I have a new one now and can send you a message.
    Don and I say a prayer for you and your Mom every day. We know that you will get better, it will take some time. I'm sorry that we could not make it to your coming home party. The next time you come home we will see you. Take care of yourself and give your Mom a hug for us. Love Papa Don and Virginia

    ReplyDelete