Wednesday, September 30, 2009



I thought I would take a few moments and post an update since we've been home for a while now.


Tanner is doing well and is going to Cook Children's Hospital on Mondays and Thursdays for labwork. On Mondays he sees the Oncologist, Dr. Sam Davis, and they run the blood work (including "serum" tests for which they have been provided special vials from Dr. Barlogie) as instructed from the Myeloma Clinic in Little Rock. Dr. Davis' office faxes the results of the labwork back to Dr. Barlogie's office and I take the vials of "serum" to UPS and overnight them to the Lab in Little Rock. Four days after I overnight the vials I call to get the results. The nurse told me that things look good and that Tanner's numbers are coming down. The only thing that concerned her was that his "ratio" went up from 8 to 43 and she told me that we would have to "watch" those numbers. When I asked her what that meant, she told me not to worry about it and that it was probably caused because all of his numbers were coming down.


Yesterday I overnighted this week's serum vials so I will call on Friday to check on the results. If the "ratio" numbers are still rising and are a concern to her I will see if she can explain to me exactly what the numbers reflect.

My boos, Bruce, took Tanner to the Cowboys game in their new stadium Monday night. It was Tanner's first time at a professional football game and he had a great time - and the Cowboys won!!

Friday we are going to a "Tanner's Remission Celebration" dinner at Granny Jane's house. It will be great to see everyone! We haven't gotten to see much of the family since we returned home because most everyone has been sick! The flu is really making a run through our family members here in Fort Worth and Tanner surely doesn't need that!!

We will be heading back to Little Rock on October 13th and he already has a full day of tests scheduled starting at 7:00 a.m. on October 14th. We will see Dr. Barlogie on Friday the 16th and are anxious to hear what he will have to say about the results. Hopefully, we will hear remission, remission, remission!!

No comments:

Post a Comment