Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A long day ending with friends

Well, it's been quite a long day.

Tanner and I didn't get a whole lot of sleep last night. We weren't able to get our room at The Guesthouse and ended up at the LaQuinta right off the highway and it was a pretty rough night.

They put us in a room on the end and the room right next to us has paramedics in it. I guess they "office" out of the hotel room and you could hear their radio going off during the night, then their door would slam and the ambulance would take off - over and over all through the night.

Tonight we are both taking sleeping pills! Hopefully, we will both get a better night's sleep!!

It has been a full day of tests starting with us going to MIRT around 11:00 a.m. this morning to pick up our packet and have labwork. Then we went for Tanner's MRI which took nearly three hours and ended with the PET scan this evening. Tanner didn't get to eat until nearly 7:00 p.m. tonight (which means I didn't either).

He felt like he was starving but for some reason hasn't been able to eat much the last couple of days. He takes a couple of bites and then feels nauseated and can't eat anymore. He said he wasn't going to tell Dr. Barlogie, though, because he's afraid he will make him stay longer. LOL!

We went to dinner this evening with John and Lauren and had some really good mexican food. We have all been talking about going out to eat for six months now and it's taken this long to find a time when Tanner and John both feel good at the same time. It was worth the wait and Tanner and I had a great time!!

He has an appointment at 8:30 a.m. for a bone marrow aspiration, biopsy, and gene array - which means he will have to go through the procedure two times in a row. It's hard for me to watch so I can only imagine how hard it must be for Tannr to endure!

It's going to be an early morning tomorrow (after a long day today) so we are going to bed early tonight. Tanner is already ensconsed on his bed and we can hear a storm rolling in so I'm going to brush my teeth and call it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment