Thursday, January 21, 2010


We went to Aunt Tincey's house this evening for a home cooked meal and it's the best Tanner has eaten since we've gotten to Arkansas.


For the last couple of days he hasn't been able to eat more than a few bites at each meal. Tonight at our aunt's house he ate most of everthing on his plate.


He did really well through his bone marrow biopsy (where they broke off a piece of his bone), aspiration, and gene array. They had to take three draws and he just kept doing his breathing exercises throughout the whole thing. The lady who performed the procedure did a really good job and it was over before we knew it.


I know Tanner hates the bone marrow procedures (and I hate watching) so I'm glad it's over and hopefully he won't have to go through it again for another three months.


We left the hospital around 11:00 a.m. and he said he wasn't hungry so we just came back to the hotel. I layed down on the bed for what I thought was going to be just a few minutes and the next thing I knew I was waking up and 2-1/2 hours had gone by. We ended up not eating anything today until we went to Aunt Tincey's house so the meal was very much appreciated.


We are both anxious to hear what the doctors have to say tomorrow. We go for x-rays at 9:00 a.m., then to see Dr. Nicholas to 10:00 a.m., then to have the cast changed, and then finally to see Dr. B at 2:00. It will most likely be a late drive back home, especially since you usually have to wait 1-2 hours to see Dr. Barlogie.


I think I'm going to go ahead and wrap this up tonight so I can get thing organized so we can check out first thing in the morning. Tanner is looking really tired so we are going to try and turn in early.

No comments:

Post a Comment