Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Switched Moods

It seems that Tanner and I have switched moods.  I've started to pull out of my depression and Tanner has sunk into his own dark mood.

He has been very low all weekend and told me that he doesn't know what is wrong with him; that he just feels very sad.  He said he hasn't felt this depressed since his and Trevor's friend John committed suicide when Tanner was only nine years old.

I went out after work yesterday and didn't see Tanner when he got in from school last night so I didn't have a chance to talk to him and see if things were any better. 

I talked with him earlier and he said his doctor's appointment went okay - but Dr. Albritten wasn't there today so it was just his routine chemo appointment this week.

He's amazed me for more than two years now with how well he's handled this whole process so I'm not surprised that he has low days occasionally. He's actually done better than his mom when it's come to strength in dealing with everything since his diagnosis.

Granny Jane and Pop Jerry came over a couple of times this weekend and are helping us textureTanner's bedroom in preparation for a new coat of paint.  I think taking all the posters off the wall and moving out some of the old furniture was a little overwhelming for him but I hope that when it's finished and he has a "grown up" room, he'll be glad for the changes.

What is life without change?

“Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”.. Steve Jobs

1 comment: