Wednesday, October 19, 2011

On My Own

So, it's worked out that the psychologist wanted me to see either a psychiatrist or my family doctor - but either appointment would cost over $300... So, I'm going to continue to do this on my own.  I've been doing it on my own all my life and I see no reason why I can't continue that way.  It's going to all be okay eventually... One way or another...

Hurt, heal, and move on.... learn to live again.  Do what I have to do... 

I've started the process and I've come a long way from where I was a year ago... a month ago...

Tanner continues to do great.  His Multiple Myeloma is under control, he's going to school, doing his homework, dating Cearra and, as he puts it, "loving life".  What more could we ask for?

He's learned to live in the moment.  He has a terminal illness and he's "loving life"... Really, what's more amazing than that statement from a 19 year old with cancer?  If he can face what he's been through and learn to live in the moment... If he can find his way back to loving life again, it's time for me to learn from him.

Sometimes the answers we seek lie in the silence...

No comments:

Post a Comment