Sunday, October 30, 2011

Granny and Pop Jerry came over yesterday and finished texturing Tanner's bedroom walls and we can start painting tomorrow.  I can't wait to see the finished product!

It already looks so much cleaner and brighter in there without all the posters on the wall.  He's decided to use gray paint with a highlight wall done in black.  Then we are planning to go with some framed brightly colored posters (in good taste this time).

Granny and Pop Jerry are going to give him their leather recliner so he'll have a sitting area in the room so that he doesn't have to sit on the end of his bed when he's playing video games (which is not good on his aching back).

I'll be sure and post pictures of the finished product.

I told Tanner and Cearra that I would take them to the movies yesterday and asked that they pick out a film they wanted to see.  My only restriction was that I didn't want to see a horror movie.  They came up with Puss and Boots - which ended up being an amusing end to a loooong day.

They are spending the day today with Cearra's family so I think I'll go and mow the lawn.  I've been told that I should only have to mow one more time before winter arrives and since it's such a beautiful day, I think today is the day.

“When you remember me, it means that you have carried something of who I am with you, that I have left some mark of who I am on who you are. It means that you can summon me back to your mind even though countless years and miles may stand between us. It means that if we meet again, you will know me. It means that even after I die, you can still see my face and hear my voice and speak to me in your heart.
For as long as you remember me, I am never entirely lost. When I'm feeling most ghost-like, it is your remembering me that helps remind me that I actually exist. When I'm feeling sad, it's my consolation. When I'm feeling happy, it's part of why I feel that way.
If you forget me, one of the ways I remember who I am will be gone. If you forget, part of who I am will be gone.”
Frederick Buechner

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see the "new" room!!

    Not looking forward to winter, but so glad that we've also mowed our lawn for the last time.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete