Friday, November 6, 2009


Well, we are home! We got in late and I was exhausted. I took something to help me rest and was going to try and sleep in late this morning but was up before 8:00 a.m. I decided to work at home so I hope that was all right with my boss!! I just couldn't face the idea of getting dressed and facing anyone this morning...


You would think that I would be happy and excited to be home, but I actually cried myself to sleep. I don't know what the deal is. Maybe I'm just tired. I know it will be better in a day or so.


Tanner has already gone out to his dad's house and his grandfather is going to come into town and the guys are all going to go fishing. With the weather ranging from 75 to 80, I know he will have a good time. He needs some time to relax and just have fun for a while.


We got to share a room with John and his sisters the day before we left, and John's sisters entertained us with a cheer they made up about Dr. Barlogie and treatment on 7C. They were hilarious and Tanner laughed so hard he had tears in his eyes. It's great to meet such wonderful people as we have had an opportunity to meet while we have been in Arkansas.


They ended up giving Tanner a platelett transusion yesterday before they would take his triple lumen lines out. The nurse thought they might have come up on their own, but they had only risen from a 37 to a 39 - and his white blood count actually dropped from a 9 to a little over 5. I'm sure it's because they quit giving him the growth therapy shots and his body slowed down producing the white blood cells.


I will call his Fort Worth Oncologist office today and make his appointments starting next week. We will be home until right after Thanksgiving so I will only update if something significant happens until that time.


I hope Tanner has a wonderful relxing break...

No comments:

Post a Comment