Tuesday, November 24, 2009


We made it to Little Rock around 6:45 p.m. last night and stopped to pick up some roasted chicken and green beans for supper. Tanner had to have a "healthy" meal last night since he had a PET scan scheduled this morning. Thank goodness KFC now has roasted chicken!


I took 1/3 of a sleeping pill last night around 9:00 p.m. with the thought that I needed a good night's sleep since we had to be at the hospital by 6:30 a.m. this morning - and then drive back to Fort Worth after testing is complete. Unfortunately, I was wide awake at 3:40 a.m.


The first test of the day was the MRI and when Tanner came back out to the waiting room, I was napping on his jacket in a chair. He and the technician were laughing at me! Maybe that little nap will help me get through the drive back to Fort Worth!


He's in the back now having his PET scan after which we go over to MIRT and pick up his packet and have labwork. Then he will have his bone marrow biopsy and aspiration at 1:30p.m. and then I guess we will grab something for lunch and will make the drive back home.


Shirley (our neighbor at the apartments in Little Rock) who is also going through her treatment for MM, called me yesterday while we were driving up and said she wanted me to know that she and Tom will be coming back Sunday for her next consolidation chemo. That is great news for Tanner and I because we are coming back on Sunday also and this way we won't feel all alone these first few weeks of December. It took her 21 days to recover from her last round of chemo so she's a little worried that they might still be here Christmas. I hope she and Tanner both "breeze" through this chemo treatment and everyone can be home with family and friends in time for Christmas.



The first 2-1/2 hours of the trip up here yesterday seemed to fly by, but the last half of the trip seemed to last forever. Maybe it's because it gets dark so early now. As least when we drive home this evening, we should be in familiar territory before it gets too dark.


One of my agents teased me yesterday that my car probably knows the way now and I could just nap. Woulnd't that be nice! Believe me, the next car I purchase will definitely have cruise control!

1 comment:

  1. Praying for a swift recovery from next round of chemo. We need you all here for Christmas. Remember....very important....you all are NEVER alone. Reach out and you will feel our Lord and Savior right there with you. We love you and ask God to bless you and to keep you strong and safe. Granny and Pop

    ReplyDelete