Thursday, November 26, 2009


Happy Thanksgiving everyone!


Tanner and I are going out to my cousin Kathy's today and then his dad and Janet are going to meet us this evening and he's going to spend the weekend with them before we head back to Arkansas. Tonight, I'm heading to Kathy & Bobby's lakehouse for the weekend and some relaxation (and margaritas) before we leave on Sunday!!!!


Tanner spent the night with his friend Zach but they assured me he would be home by 10:00 a.m. this morning. I just hope they don't oversleep. I know they probably played X-Box 360 all night!!


When we were in the reception area waiting on Tanner to go back and have his bone marrow biopsy and aspiration, we met this young man who looked like he was in his 30's. As usual, everyone started sharing their story and we discovered that this fellow was rated "low risk" for the MM to return (as is Tanner) but only stayed in remission for nine months and is now back in Little Rock and is about to go through treatment all over again. Sometime it's scary when you hear other people's stories...


The nurse that did Tanner's bone marrow was really good. She didn't take long at all and it was over fairly quickly. Tanner told her he appreciated what a good job she did. He had me video the procedure because he wanted me to post it on the blog but when I try to email it from my phone, I get a message that the file is too big. I will have to check with Bruce to see if he can instruct me in how to get it off the phone. Tanner just wants to share with you all what the bone marrow procedure is all about.


I think this biopsy was his sixth if you count the one where they put him to sleep at Cook Children's Hospital. He just deep breathes through the whole painful process now.


I think he's one of the bravest people I have ever met.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, he is a brave young man and I am very proud of him. Keep your positive outlook Tannerboy...sometimes that makes all the difference in the outcome. And don't think about any other person's results because we are all individuals and we all have different paths to travel. God will lead you and if you get tired He will carry you. It is written. We love you very much. Granny and Pop

    ReplyDelete