Thursday, February 18, 2010


Well, the school administrator tells me that Tanner has passed all of his classes!! Guess this means my baby is truly a high school graduate! Now we just wait on the diploma and I’ll order the graduation announcements!!

Do you know how truly proud of him I am? He’s been through so much these past months and the fact that he buckled down and finished all of his school (ahead of schedule) is just outstanding!!

I’m so grateful to my employers for allowing (strongly encouraging - LOL) Tanner to come to work with me every week so that he could concentrate and get the school packets done. I think his concern over letting down the people I work with is what really had him sticking to the schedule and getting all the school work completed.
Whatever caused it to happen, I’m glad he finished and has it all behind him now.

If you had asked me in July if I thought Tanner would be able to graduate ahead of his class, I would have thought you had lost your mind! Everything was so uncertain and he had so many treatments in front of him. Now here we are over seven months later and he is in full remission and finished with high school!! Yea!!! Unbelievable!!

He and I are going to Cancun with my employer and agents next week to soak up some sun and for some much needed relaxation. When we get back, we will look into some online college courses so he can move on to the next phase of his life.

We went out to eat last night (On the Border of course) and I met his new girlfriend. She is very pretty, seemed nice, and was quite shy! We will have to get her to come out of her shell!! (Those of you who know me are chuckling at that comment! It takes quite a bit to get me out of my shell so I completely understand her shyness.)

I’m just glad Tanner is in a good place in his life right now and I’m looking forward to some time at the beautiful Riviera Maya with him next week. It should be a wonderful trip!

I’m sure we will have some beautiful pictures to share when we get back…

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your well deserved vacation. Soak up some sun (but be careful Tanner and don't blister), walk barefoot in the sand, eat some good food, relax and forget all about everything except having fun. The only down side to this is that I am not going with you...ha ha
    Remember God loves you and He is always with you. When you learn to trust Him you will find your life to be more at peace. No it won't be perfect but you will find such an inner peace with yourself.
    We love you and pray for you all to have a safe and a very happy trip.
    Granny and Pop

    ReplyDelete
  2. tanner- you amaze us. alot of kids with nothing going on have trouble graduating high school at all, and, with everything you've been through, you do it EARLY! Go tanner!

    ReplyDelete