Sunday, February 14, 2010


It's been a farily quiet weekend with Tanner spending lots of time with a new girl in his life. He'd probably be so mad at me if he knew I put that into the blog, but he's definitely embracing the life of a teenager these days. LOL!


I told him the other night that I miss him and he asked me what i meant and I explained to him that I had gotten use to spending most of my time with him these past seven months and though we are living in the same house, I've had to adjust to him moving on and leaving his mom behind.


Though I do miss our alone time, I'm so very glad to see him have the opportunity to just be a teenager. When he was diagnosed with cancer, he and I both didn't know what the future was going to bring and here he is seven months later driving, spending time with his friends, dating, and most of all FINISHING HIGH SCHOOL!


Granny Jane is taking him to his Oncologist appointment again tomorrow morning so I won't have to leave work. I am so very grateful to her for all the help - plus it gives Tanner some "granny" time!


His hair is coming back in and he looks really good. The PA at Dr. Davis' office told us that one of the side effects of the Revlimid could be hair loss, and during past treatments it took 2-3 weeks after starting chemo before the hair came out, so I guess we'll see here in another week or so if he'll lose his hair again. It's a good thing he's a handsome bald young man!


Other than a little nausea and stomach acid every once in a while, he isn't having any side effects to the maintenance chemo so things are going really well for him at this point.


I mailed his algebra packet in last week so now we just wait for it to be graded and then we should be getting his high school diploma.


I guess it's time to start planning our celebration!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like Tanner is going to have blonde hair and it is gorgeous. Course this could change at any time I guess. His hair was pretty dark before chemo. When you get home from your well deserved vacation we are going to have a celebration for your graduation. We are so proud of you and all of your accomplishments.
    God's love does not keep us from trials but sees us through them. (Daily Bread)
    We love you Tannerboy, Granny and Pop

    ReplyDelete