Wednesday, February 3, 2010


Forgive me for taking so long to update. Tanner took his laptop to his bedroom so I don’t have the internet in my bedroom right now. I’ve decided to just type the update in Word and then I will copy into the blog tomorrow.

I qualified for assistance on the Revlimid prescription from the Chronic Disease Foundation!! Yea!! I am so grateful because I sure didn’t know how I was going to come up with that 30% co-pay every 25 days.

The lady who helped me with obtaining the assistance told me when it runs out; she will help me find something with another foundation so I’m just going to trust that things will work out.
They started Tanner’s Velcade treatments Monday at the doctor’s office here in Fort Worth and we were there over five hours.

Being a Pediatric Oncologist, they had never given these meds so it just took a while for them to get everything sorted out. Hopefully, it will be a smoother process in the future.

He will take the Dex (steroids) every Monday morning and then we will go to the doctor’s office around 10:00 a.m. that same morning. Then for 21 days in a row, he will take the Revlimid prescription at night before bed (goodbye to the hair again) and then will “rest” for seven days and then start the whole process over again.

I have no idea how long he will have to do this but we go back to Arkansas the first week in March for more tests.

He hasn’t gotten sick or anything from the first Velcade treatment so that’s a good thing. When they first started the IV, he got pretty light headed and said the room was spinning so I don’t think I will be letting him drive himself to the appointments (as he was wanting to do).
Since treatment is just once a week, we are hoping for much lighter side effects this time!

Check out the before and after photos from the appointment Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment