Friday, March 5, 2010


Well, we've finally made it to Friday. Most of the tests are done and we see Dr. Barlogie at 2:00 p.m. for the results. I'm always very anxious at this point. I'm sure it will be good news, but I can't help but feel the tension after the tests are complete and we're waiting to see the doctor.

We go at 11:30 for x-rays of the broken leg then we go see Dr. Nicholas at 12:45 and see what he has to say. Hopefully the high dose Vitamin D Tanner has been taking has made a difference and they will see some healing in that bone. I have all my fingers and toes crossed that it is so.

They have done two MRI's on two seperate days this trip and each one took over three hours. The first one was of his head and trunk and then the second one yesterday was of his arms and legs. Three hours is a long time to lie in the machine and he's just been worn out. They should have a scan of his complete body this trip.

The food poisonin I acquired Monday night has had me dragging this whole trip.

I was so sick at work on Tuesday morning that it was decided that they didn't think I could make the drive back to Arkansas and Alicia drove us so I could lie down and sleep in the back seat. Her husand had some free Southwest Airlines tickets and she drove us from Fort Worth straight to the Little Rock Airport and flew back home.

That ranks up there as one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me. I know she was exhausted after all of that...

I would have delayed Tanner's appointments but Dr. Nicholas was leaving the country for a couple of weeks and we felt it was important to get back up here and have everything checked out with his broken leg, and also to see how they think he is doing on his maintenance chemo.

We are here and other than the x-rays this morning, the tests are behind us so now I just wait on the results.

On a light hearted note, Tanner will be the guest of honor at Six Flags tomorrow and will help them open the park. It should be great fun after a long week in Arkansas.

No comments:

Post a Comment