Wednesday, March 3, 2010











I think Tanner had the time of his life on our trip to the Riviera Maya!


He didn't let the cast slow him down too much - other than the fact that I wouldn't let him para-sail or do the zip lines. I just couldn't see allowing him to do those things with his leg still in a full cast!


He swam in the pool, snorkeled down the senote twice and met lots of new friends (I'm so glad that Medi brought his teenage daughters on the trip).


Wednesday morning we had a PIE kick off meeting and they called Tanner up to the front so that he could speak to the agents . He wanted an opportunity to express his appreciation for all the support they gave which allowed us to rent the apartment and stay in Little Rock while he underwent his treatment most of those first six months.


Pat's voice started quivering when he introduced Tanner, and that set off Tanner's tears. He ended up being able to tell the agents thank you, but I don't think there was a dry eye in the room by the time he finished.


We concluded the trip by surprising Tanner with his diploma so all in all, it was a perfect vacation and I'm so glad I was able to enjoy it with my son. I will be forever grateful to my employer for allowing Tanner and I to share the trip with all the PIE agents and staff!



No comments:

Post a Comment