Saturday, January 1, 2011

A new ending

Happy New Years!  I have to say I'm glad to see the end of 2010.  Let's hear it for a new year; a fresh new year...

I was talking to a friend the other day and the topic of New Year's Resolutions came up.  He said he didn't really believe in them.  He thought you shouldn't wait for the beginning of a new year to make necessary changes and while I agree that you shouldn't WAIT for the new year to arrive to make changes to your life, I do feel like it's an opportunity to look at where your life is now, at this moment, and consider what you would like to change (or maybe just have to change) in the coming twelve months.

I mean, it's the very beginning of a fresh new year.  January 1, 2011 and we really haven't had time yet to do anything much in just this one day.  Are there some things you would like to change, need to change, or maybe just have to change to save your sanity?  Some decisions you need to make?  Some things you need to work out?  Some things you need to leave behind?  Some things you need to seek?

Wouldn't the beginning of a fresh new year be the perfect time to search your heart and decide what's most important?  Maybe take some of those steps, no matter now painful, that need to be taken to become the person you know you need to be?  Isn't this the perfect time to try to start to restore your heart and soul?

As I heard that a wise person recently said, "I can't control anyone but myself". 

It's the end and the beginning of a year.  The end and beginning; goodbye and hello...

I personally think this is the perfect time to take at least a few days to search my soul and consider what steps need to be taken to make this next year a better, healthier, happier time of my life.

I'm tired to the depths of my being of hurting.  I need to become a stronger person.  I need to heal.

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending...

No comments:

Post a Comment