Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thanksgiving Wknd

Thanksgiving has come and gone.  Some of it was great; some not so great.

I laughed some and I cried some.  The story of my life lately...

Tanner woke up with a very sore throat on Thanksgiving and decided he just couldn't go anywhere.  He and Trevor stayed at the house and I went to my cousin Kathy's for lunch (so much food!). Then later, went to my cousin Jesse's house (at the sweet request of little Eva) and watched the Cowboy's game and had breakfast for dinner. 

It was a really nice Thanksgiving and I brought home plates of food and desserts for Tanner and Trevor.

I was supposed to go out to the lakehouse with a few of my cousins for the weekend but the next morning Tanner still wasn't feeling very well.  I decided to take him to the Minor Emergency Center in Mansfield just to check things out.  The doctor said the throat was red but they did a strep test and it came back negative.  He prescribed some antibiotics just to be sure and cover any possible infections and Tanner told me to go on to the lake.

It was a near perfect weekend on lake Palo Pinto with beautiful weather.  We sat on the deck, talked, read, took some boat rides, the guys fished, and Kathy and I had a few margaritas and danced to Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Tanner went to the Oncologist on Tuesday and his throat seemed to be all better but they found that his Vitamin D level is low so they are going to start giving it to him at his weekly doctor appointments.  I would think this can only be helpful in mending his broken leg...

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.” - Lance Armstrong

No comments:

Post a Comment