Sunday, December 12, 2010

The end of a season

I probably shouldn't even attempt to blog right now. 

I've been up since 4 a.m. this morning and it's now 12:32 a.m.  I am so exhausted, but as they say, "There's no rest for the wicked"...

Tanner went to his chemo appointment this past Wednesday and they ended up having to give him a breathing treatment.  He just can't seem to shake the cold that he caught on Thanksgiving.  Since the treatment, he does seem a littler better these past couple of days.

Of course, the illness made the rounds through this family with first Tanner getting sick, then Trevor and then, of course, myself.  I ended up missing 2-1/2 days of work this week, but on the other hand, I was brought a care package of  flowers (daisies - my favorite) and soup.  It's the small things that sometimes touch your heart the most.

I'm feeling quite a bit better physically today.  I was out first thing this morning and just about finished my Christmas shopping, went to the office and worked for a while and made up some of the time I missed while ill this week, and then spent some time with my family (loved the "new" drink Jess).

Christmas is fast approaching.  I know it's the "joyous" time of year but since my mom, dad, two brothers, and grandmother have all passed; I usually have a hard time around the holidays. 

I'm going to try and make Christmas special this season where we can celebrate Tanner having maintained remission for a year.  I need to stop wallowing in my own self pity and enjoy the simple fact that he continues to hold cancer at bay.

Won't it be interesting to see what's in store for the coming year?  Hahahaha, (sometimes I have to laugh or I will cry).

Anyway, I just wanted to give an update.  I guess it's time to try and get some sleep. 

"Ah, when to the heart of man
Was it ever less than a treason
To go with the drift of things,
To yield with a grace to reason,
And bow and accept the end
Of a love or a season?"  - Robert Frost

No comments:

Post a Comment