Thursday, March 22, 2012

Milestone

Well, yesterday was my 50th Birthday... The age my mother was when she passed. She was never older than the age I am now... I was afraid it would be an emotional day (like my 40th was) but it turned out to be a great day.

They decorated at work and had gifts and goodies for me when I arrived, took me to lunch, and then I went out to dinner for steak last night - where I received the best surprise of all.  It was a wonderful birthday.

I went to the doctor last week and they ran some labwork and called and asked me to go for an ultrasound on my ovaries. No results yet, but I'm sure it will be all good.

The boys and I are going to Granny Jane's house tonight for a birthday dinner, so the celebrating continues!


Where Do I Go From Here

If I knew the way I'd go back home
The countryside has changed so much, I'd surely end up lost
Half-remembered names and faces so far in the past
On the other side of the bridges
That were burned once they were crossed

Tell me where, where does a fool go
When there's no one left to listen
To a story without meaning that nobody wants to hear
Tell me where, where does a fool go
When he knows there's something missing
Tell me where, where will I go from here
Where will I go from here

Get back home where my childhood dreams and wishes
Still are none of my regrets
Go back to a place where I can figure all the odds
Have a fighting chance to lose the blues
And win my share of bets

Tell me where, where does a fool go
When there's no one left to listen
To a story without meaning that nobody wants to hear
Tell me where, where does a fool go
When he knows there's something missing

1 comment:

  1. ♫ ♫ Happy Birthday, to you ♫ ♫ Happy Birthday, to you ♫ ♫ Happy Birthday, dear Angie ♫ ♫ Happy Birthday, to you (and many more!)....even if it is a day late!!

    I'm so glad you had a much celebrated anniversary of your birth!

    Keeping you in thought and prayer that the ultrasound will be okay....and I'm sure it will. He who watches over all of us has His arms around you.

    Hugs...

    ReplyDelete