Monday, September 27, 2010

Worry worry worry

We head back to Little Rock tomorrow afternoon.

Needless to say, the "Arkansas Tension" has arrived - but this time it's hit Tanner too.

This is the first time that he's admitted to me that he's nervous (since he was first diagnosed).  Saturday night he asked me what I thought about our trip to Arkansas this time and I told him that I thought everything was going to be fine.  He said he "hoped so".  I told him that I thought all of his symptoms (lack of sleep, inability to eat very much, and pain in his right femur, lower back, and shoulder) could be caused by his medicines and asked him if he didn't agree.  He said he didn't know.

Last night we had an emotional talk and, let me just say, I'm glad we are going to see Dr. Barlogie this week.  Tanner cried and told me that he just doesn't feel good.  That he can't sleep, eat, and is in pain nearly all the time and that the doctors here in Fort Worth can't seem to help him.

I think Tanner (and myself) need the reassurance of the tests to assure us that everything is okay and the chance to talk to Dr. B.

I ask myself all the time when the worry will lessen....

No comments:

Post a Comment