Wednesday, April 14, 2010


I am so sorry that it's been so long since I've posted. Life has taken over...

Tanner is doing well. He couldn't take his chemo maintenance or the Revlimid for a couple of weeks while the shingles were at their worst but has been back on his program for the last two Mondays.

We go back to Little Rock on April 30th to see about having the cast removed and see if he will go into a short cast or a boot. I'll just be glad to see that he's progresed to either option. He has been in a long cast since the beginning of July 2009.

This April trip will be quick. We'll head up there Thursday afternoon and then come back on Friday after the doctor's appointments. I tried to talk them into letting us take care of the cast here in Fort Worth but Dr. Barlogie said no...

I understand that he wants an Orthopedic Oncologist who specializes in Mutiple Myeloma patients, but it's a long trip - and the insurance has changed UAMS to out of network so it's a $10,000 deductible and 50% co pay. It seems like they are doing anything to get out of paying.

We will go back again to Arkansas from May 24 - 26th to have all the re-staging tests done and to see Dr. B. I don't expect for too much to have changed, especially since Tanner hasn't been able to take the bone strengtheners since he came down with the shingles.

They said the bone strengtheners is what will help the lesions all start resolving more quickly.

On a happy note, today is Tanner's 18th birthday!! He and Trevor came up and we went to lunch and then tonight we will have dinner with some of the family. It will be a day spent focusing on his birthday - and food. LOL!

Happy 18th birthday Tanner. I'm so proud of you!!

1 comment:

  1. I can see you improving everyday Tannerboy. You are beating the beast and you are doing it by being so cool and calm and keeping your faith. I can hardly believe it has been 18 years since I first saw you. You were a beautiful baby and have developed into a very good looking young man. There are so many people who follow your blog even though a lot do not comment. Maybe they will leave one for your birthday. I know you would like that. I love you and I pray for you, Trevor and your mom and dad every day. Keep your spirits high .....
    Granny and Pop

    ReplyDelete