Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Taking Care of Business

I know I just posted yesterday... It's like all or nothing with me when it comes to the blog...

Tanner woke up this morning with his left foot swollen and red.  I've called the doctor's office and left a message and sent an email.  I'm hoping it's just a reaction from the dye used in the bone scan yesterday but the swelling and redness is all centralized in the left foot, so I just don't know.  I told him to take some Benadryl and keep the foot propped up...

He's with his Granny Jane for a few days and she's helping him "take care of business".  She's good at that sort of thing and from the number of calls and texts I've gotten from Tanner today, I think they are getting things taken care of!

They are supposed to go and visit some schools and check into some grants - so here we go, getting ready for him to move on to the next phase of his life.

Our friend, Shirley, (another patient from Little Rock) gave me the Facebook information for a man in his fifties here in Fort Worth who is another MM survivor (who has a blog).  He works at Fort Worth Harley Davidson and I sent him a "Friend Request" a couple of weeks ago and he accepted.  Tanner wanted me to email his information to granny's house so that he can reach out to him and possibly meet him... Maybe he can mentor Tanner to some degree and help him get focused on the positive side of life with MM...

We went to church again this past Sunday and, this time, Tanner attended the "Journeys" service with the other college age kids.  When the regular service let out, I went out in the vestibule and Tanner was already waiting for me (the college service is a couple of blocks down the road from McKinney Church) and he said he walked down to the church with some of the other kids after their classes ended.  He also said that he wants to go back and continue with the Jouneys classes on a regular basis so that he can get to know some of the other young people.

I, myself, have looked into some volunteer opportunities here in Fort Worth and Tanner saw the paperwork on the kitchen table and said that he wants to do some volunteering with me - so maybe we are ready to move on to whatever life has next in store for us.

We're moving on with our lives... Wish us luck!

When I stand before thee at the day's end, thou shalt see my scars and know that I had my wounds and also my healing...  Rabindranith Tagore

1 comment:

  1. Angie: So happy that Tanner is taking those next steps to move forward. What an amazing son you have!

    Blessings,

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete